The client has three versions of Zope running on three servers. I took the work that I did to discover and dump the Subversion repositories and retrofitted that for Zope databases. It wasn't too difficult and I simply extended an existing class in the package that I am building. Writing the test cases took the most time, as is often the case.
The only thing that was a little different was that I needed to make use of a configuration file in which to put some non-shared setup between the three possible Zope instances. This is easy to do with the ConfigParser class in the Python standard library.